September 17, 2013
A month before he went on the rampage that left 13 dead, Washington Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis complained to police in Rhode Island that people were talking to him through the walls and ceilings of his hotel rooms and sending microwave vibrations into his body to deprive him of sleep.
The account, contained in an Aug. 7 report from Newport, R.I., police, adds to the picture that has emerged of an agitated and erratic figure whose behavior and mental state had repeatedly come to authorities’ attention but didn’t seem to affect his security clearance.
Alexis, a 34-year-old information technology employee at a defense-related computer company, used a valid pass Monday to get into the Navy Yard and killed 12 people before he was slain by police in a shootout that lasted more than a half-hour.
A day after the assault, the motive was still a mystery. U.S. law enforcement officials told The Associated Press that investigators had found no manifesto or other writings suggesting a political or religious motivation.
Alexis, a former Navy reservist, had been undergoing mental health treatment from Veterans Affairs since August but was not stripped of his security clearance, according to the law enforcement officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation was still going on.
He had been suffering a host of serious mental problems, including paranoia and a sleep disorder, and had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said.
- dailyserialmom reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- thatsmylifebro reblogged this from jimmysarumpkin
- whatdidyoudobecca reblogged this from jimmysarumpkin
- whatdidyoudobecca likes this
- jimmysarumpkin reblogged this from mutedlight
- columbiainstitution reblogged this from sturmgeist-89
- mutedlight reblogged this from sturmgeist-89
- dreadfulnecrosis likes this
- columbiainstitution likes this
- sturmgeist-89 reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- kawaiininjacat reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- gazleong reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- wrenrenegade reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- jollysunday likes this
- dinkle-berry-dahmer reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- cheapobsession likes this
- the-night-prowler likes this
- awickedrebelbitch likes this
- lady-cherin likes this
- settledownboss likes this
- thesmallestlion reblogged this from crimesandkillers and added:
- chronicallycommitted likes this
- kinamelly likes this
- surfer-rosaa likes this
- sadtulipfairy likes this
- parasiticdisease reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- ikitsumidaminito reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- louissanchez92 reblogged this from giantnightmares
- necroslutxxx likes this
- punkinprincess likes this
- giantnightmares reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- omglizardtongue reblogged this from crimesandkillers
- omglizardtongue likes this
- sawdust-restaurant likes this
- crimesandkillers posted this